Formaldehyde released from furniture, ammonia expelled from cleaning supplies, and pesticides tracked in from the outdoors – these are just some of harmful airborne chemicals that may be polluting your indoor air – and your lungs. Other common pollutants include toluene and the carcinogen benzene, which can both be released by heating fuels, paints, and glues.
Choosing Between the C600 and C600DLX
The C600 is a heavy-duty air purifier used in both commercial and residential spaces with chemical and odor issues. It features a true HEPA filter, 26 pounds of carbon and a variable motor.
The C600DLX upgrade has an enhanced carbon bed that addresses long-term chemical emissions and odors including those caused by toxic Chinese drywall. Many homes constructed with this type of drywall harbor unhealthy levels of hydrogen sulfide gas. This acid gas often has a sulfur-like odor and is known to cause health effects such as headaches, respiratory ailments, asthma attacks, and pulmonary irritation. The Airpura C600DLX unit features an enhanced activated carbon bed designed to combat hydrogen sulfide gas.
Versatile Air Cleaning
Equipped with 26 lbs. of activated carbon and a HEPA-barrier post filter, the Airpura C600 air cleaner powerfully filters out and absorbs airborne pollutants from spaces as large as 2,000 sq. ft. The C600 and C600DLX units remove:
- Airborne Chemicals: More than 4,000 chemicals can be removed, including formaldehyde, VOCs, ammonia, benzene, toluene, radon, glues, pesticides, methylene chloride, mold mycotoxins, perchloroethylene, hydrogen sulfide, mercury vapors, hydrogen bromide, sulfer dioxide, chlorine, and more.
- Smoke: Including tobacco smoke and smoke odors.
- Particles: Including pet dander, dust, dust mites, pollen, and mold spores.
This Airpura air purifier is ideal for use in your home, office, or warehouse as well as around people with multiple chemical sensitivities (MCS). The C600 is also effective in manufacturing environments, where work areas can be contaminated by chemicals released during manufacturing processes. Investing in a chemical air filter system such as the C600 can help prevent the personal distress and productivity losses that may result from prolonged chemical exposure in the workplace.
To ensure top-notch effectiveness during the filtration process, air that flows into the C600 passes through a pressure-sealed filter chamber equipped with three different filters. These include:
- Pre-Filter: This 570-sq.-in. x 1-in.-deep filter collects large particles and helps to extend the life of the HEPA and carbon filters. It can be vacuumed clean and should be changed every 12 months.
- Carbon Bed: With 26 lbs. of premium-quality activated carbon, this filter collects and absorbs a variety of chemical pollutants, odors, and tobacco smoke from the air. The carbon filter typically lasts up to 2 years, depending on usage.
- HEPA-Barrier Post Filter: This 306-sq.-in. HEPA barrier traps carbon dust and particles. It lasts approximately one year under regular use.
The unit's activated carbon bed is 570 sq. in. x 3 in. deep, allowing for increased dwell time and more effective chemical and gas absorption. The dwell time is the time it takes for air to pass through the filter. As a general rule, the deeper the carbon filter, the longer the dwell time – and the more chemicals that are removed. Comparative units have carbon beds that measure only 1 in. deep or less, which reduces dwell time and, in turn, cuts filtration effectiveness. The C600's 3-in.-deep carbon bed – combined with its selectable fan speeds and unimpeded airflow – helps you achieve the highest possible level of chemical filtration for your indoor air.
Environmentally Friendly Design
The Airpura C600 was created with eco-awareness in mind. This unit includes a host of environmentally friendly construction features that make it less impactful to the earth than off-the-shelf units of lesser quality. Some of these features include:
- PCB-Free Capacitors: All capacitors used in the C600 are free of polychlorinated biphenyls, or PCBs. These substances are known to be toxic to humans, animals, and the environment.
- Zero Off-Gassing: This Airpura air purifier is free of any plastic, rubber, silicone, adhesives, or bonding agents (other than a small number of materials required to meet UL, ETL, CE, and CSA safety guidelines). The absence of these materials helps to reduce any off-gassing of chemical vapors, both within the clean air stream and in the unit's end-of-life phase.
- All-Metal Housing: With 100% metal housing, the C600 air cleaner is a more ecologically sound product, and it's 93% recyclable. In addition, the metal housing prevents plastic off-gassing, which is common with many conventional units.
The C600's off-gassing prevention measures are particularly beneficial if you suffer from MCS. Along with all-metal housing and a sealed fan motor, this unit has felt gaskets and a contained electrical parts chamber. Felt gaskets help to seal the unit's filter chamber and maximize air filtration while producing none of the rubber off-gassing that is so common with other units. By maintaining a separate electrical parts chamber, the unit also prevents any off-gassing that may stem from capacitors, condensers, or switches.
Other Notable Features
- Variable Speed Motor: Choose from two filtration levels.
- Quiet Purification: The unit's backward-curved impeller helps eliminate vibrations and noise associated with conventional air purifier motors.
- Zero Air Leakage: The unit's unique pressure seal on the filter chamber ensures that all of the contaminated air passes through the filters.
- Motor Positioned Away From Airflow: Most air purifiers blow clean air over the motor and pick up new impurities even before exhausting it. In the C600, the motor is situated away from outgoing airflow, so this is not possible.
What Comes in the Box?
- Airpura C600 or C600DLX Air Purifier
- Carbon Filter
- HEPA Filter
- Operational Manual
Airpura Warranty5 Years on Parts; 10 Years on Labor
Airpura Lead Times
White units - 1 week
Black units - 2 weeks
Cream units - 3 to 4 weeks
|Room Size (based on 4 Air Exchanges / Hour)||1050 sq. ft.|
|Filtration System||Easy to clean pre-filter, Carbon filter - activated/enhanced carbon, HEPA Filter|
C600: 26 lbs. activated carbon
C600DLX: 26 lbs. enhanced activated carbon to remove VOCs
|Manufacturer Suggested Room Size||2,000 sq. ft.|
|HEPA Type||HEPA-barrier post filter|
|Air Exchange Per Hour||2|
|CFM||560 free flow|
|UV Germicidal Technology||None|
|Speed||2 speeds variable|
|Available Colors||Cream, White, Black|
|Voltage||110 - 120 V|
|Noise Level||28.1 - 62.3 dB|
C600: 45 lbs.
C600DLX: 49 lbs.
|Housing Materials||Powder Coat Steel|
In stock items: Products typically ship within 2-3 business days from when you place your order (Please allow 5-7 business days for some MRCOOL products to ship). Due to COVID-19 please allow 7 - 10 days for your order to arrive once you have received shipping confirmation.
Pre-order/Out of stock items: Contact us for estimated shipping timeline. We are experiencing inventory and re-stocking delays due to port congestion. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
High order volume due to COVID-19 may occasionally slow delivery for some items and you may experience extended wait times contacting our Customer Service team.
For the fastest service and online support, please email us at email@example.com for information regarding your order.
Read the rest of our shipping policy here.